Tuesday 22 May 2007

Long border update

This is the area I call my long border. The top pictures were taken Easter 2005, the bottom are as it looks now. Most of the curves were only dug this year (I took advantage of the mild winter and got a lot done). The structure is mostly there, although shrubs are very low at the moment (a big problem everywhere in the garden). There are a few gaps as I'm not sure how the perennials will fill out this year (they are mostly new this year too - I still buy ones of things but am ruthless at dividing everything in early spring). The idea is to hide the wall (with Griselinia) and the fence (with clematis, and a hibiscus (slow grower though). Can't wait to see how it'll look at the end of the season, a few inches higher I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment