Wednesday 22 August 2007

Planted up

I finally got around to planting up the new bed in our shady zone (see the project's progress: stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 ). I'm pretty pleased with how it's looking but we've run out of wine bottles for the edging (work in progress). I planted the ten coreopsis grown from seed (not sure I'm going to see any flowers on them this year), three astilbe (£1 each in the (almost) dead plant zone in the garden centre) and three achillea (£1 each as well, I do like a bargain). The larger shrubs at the back were birthday presents: two shrub lilacs and a viburnum (see my May entry). The sparks of colour are gladioli and crocosmia - almost finished now.

We've had one ace barbie on our beach but so far the weather's not been right (and now the local farmers have been spraying so the garden is rather smelly - not very conducive for munching a veggie burger).

No comments:

Post a Comment